You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to make improvements to your new home. These 10 home improvements can be accomplished in short time right after you move into your new place.
- Make the lights brighter – Clean your lamps or replace light bulbs. One trip to the home improvement store and you can replace front lawn lamps in a couple of hours.
- Upgrade the house numbers – Buy new numbers for your house address. One simple thing, one big improvement.
- Paint a door – Paint the front door to a more welcoming color. This one improvement will endear you to your neighbors.
- Install a ceiling fan – Surprisingly, it doesn’t take long to add a ceiling fan to a room and it can add a touch of ambiance that a simple light fixture can’t do.
- Switch hardware – Changing doorknobs and locks is a simple thing to do, and it doesn’t cost a lot of money. It only takes a few minutes and makes a significant improvement to the value of your home, not to mention its look and feel, which will make you a happy resident for years to come.
- Update kitchen or bath fixtures – If the fixtures in your bathroom or kitchen are outdated, bring your home up-to-date by changing them out. Coordinate each room so that all the fixtures look like they belong and complement each other.
- Plant a vertical garden – Plants are the most versatile home decorations. If you have a blank wall or a corner of the house you’re not sure what to do with, make it a vertical garden. It will add atmosphere to your room, and it’s inexpensive. Pick your favorite plants, herbs, or even a small tree and brighten up your home.
- Paint your furniture – Got an old piece of furniture, make it new again with a paint job. A can of spray paint can make wooden furniture look like you just bought it.
- Add light dimmers – Light dimmers are an inexpensive add-on that add value to your home in many ways. Create a different mood just by dimming or brightening the lights based on what’s happening at the moment.
- Change cabinet hardware – You don’t have to change the cabinetry, just switching out the door knobs on your kitchen cabinets can make it look like a new kitchen.
Try these easy and fast home improvements after moving into your next new home in Wayzata, Minnetonka, Edina, Orono or Minneapolis – it’s a great way to personalize your new space. If you need help moving there be sure to give RJ Moving a call – we’re a local company you can rely on!